Two Albany homes burn because of cooking fires - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Two Albany homes burn because of cooking fires

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • USA Track star killed in Crisp County crash

    USA Track star killed in Crisp County crash

    Monday, July 28 2014 7:30 AM EDT2014-07-28 11:30:31 GMT
    Track and field field star killed after semi slammed into a stalled car on I-75 in Cordele.More >>
    Track and field field star killed after semi slammed into a stalled car on I-75 in Cordele.More >>
  • PCA faces judge Monday for salmonella outbreak

    PCA faces judge Monday for salmonella outbreak

    Monday, July 28 2014 4:03 AM EDT2014-07-28 08:03:54 GMT
     Happening today jury selection set to get underway in one of the largest food recall cases in our nation's history. It comes nearly 5 years after a deadly salmonella outbreak was linked to a south Georgia peanut manufacture and three people, including it's former owner are set to stand trial. More >>
     Happening today jury selection set to get underway in one of the largest food recall cases in our nation's history. It comes nearly 5 years after a deadly salmonella outbreak was linked to a south Georgia peanut manufacture and three people, including it's former owner are set to stand trial. More >>
  • UPDATE: Police search for man who shot up two vehicles

    UPDATE: Police search for man who shot up two vehicles

    Sunday, July 27 2014 11:38 PM EDT2014-07-28 03:38:04 GMT
    Albany police say several shots were fired into an unoccupied vehicle Sunday evening at a restaurant parking lot.More >>
    Albany police say several shots were fired into an unoccupied vehicle Sunday evening at a restaurant parking lot.More >>

August 18, 2003

Albany -- A couple of Albany homes burn this weekend, because people forgot food cooking on the stove.

A house in the 500 block of Vintage Road was heavily damaged by fire in the kitchen, dining room, and living room. After 11 O-clock Saturday night Albany Firefighters were called. The homeowner, Nicholas Forde, said he left food cooking on the stove, and discovered the fire when he saw smoke pouring out of the windows. Fire damage was estimated at over 50-thousand dollars.

Meanwhile, a duplex in the 300 block of Talafax Road sustained over ten thousand dollars in fire and smoke damage early Sunday morning. About 12:20, firefighters responded to a kitchen fire at the South Albany home.

 Lena Smith said she also left food cooking on the stove, which caught fire. No one was injured in either fire.

posted at 4:00 by jimw@walb.com