Tree-trimmer electrocuted on the job - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Tree-trimmer electrocuted on the job

July 31, 2003

(Tallahassee, Florida-AP) -- A south Georgia man is dead after being electrocuted on the job in Tallahassee, Florida.

Officials say Michael Brown of Colquitt, Georgia, was working as a tree-trimmer when he was hit with high voltage late Wednesday morning. They say he cut a tree limb, which fell on a charged line and touched him.

Investigators say it appears Brown was wearing the required safety equipment while working from a bucket lift.

He was working for a subcontractor hired by the Talquin Election Co-op.

posted at 9:00 AM by dave.miller@walb.com