Wednesday, June 19 2013 6:51 PM EDT2013-06-19 22:51:07 GMT
Ravi Mikel Givens was arrested Tuesday and charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute. He is being held in the Dougherty County jail. Givens, who played ball at Westover and StetsonMore >>
Agents say that police responded to the apartment because of a burglar alarm. Officers found the back door broken open and went inside. That's where they detected a strong odor of marijuana, and saw pot in plain view.More >>
Wednesday, June 19 2013 6:49 PM EDT2013-06-19 22:49:38 GMT
Moultrie Technical College unveiled its new $9.5 million, 46,000 square-foot Health Sciences Building Wednesday. The brand new structure is located at the school's Veterans Parkway Campus (VPC) in Moultrie. RepresentativesMore >>
Moultrie Technical College unveiled its new $9.5 million, 46,000 square-foot Health Sciences Building Wednesday. The brand new structure is located at the school's Veterans Parkway Campus in Moultrie.More >>
Wednesday, June 19 2013 6:46 PM EDT2013-06-19 22:46:04 GMT
Albany Humane Society officials say it's one of the worst cases of animal neglect they have seen. Tonight a veterinarian and Humane Society workers are trying to nurse a one-year old lab mix back toMore >>
Albany Humane Society officials and a veterinarian are nursing a dog back to health, after she was nearly starved to death.More >>
Wednesday, June 19 2013 6:45 PM EDT2013-06-19 22:45:45 GMT
Work is underway on a big empty retail space in Albany to bring in a new business and a spirit of celebration. Party City will open a store at 2709 Dawson Road, near the Albany Mall this August. EconomicMore >>
Work is underway on a big empty retail space in Albany to bring in a new business and a spirit of celebration.More >>
Wednesday, June 19 2013 6:41 PM EDT2013-06-19 22:41:48 GMT
An Albany prosthetist is coming to the rescue to help a Moultrie man who lost his arm to rare flesh eating bacteria. We introduced you to Michael Hobgood last night. His arm was amputated less than twoMore >>
An Albany prosthetist is coming to the rescue to help a Moultrie man who lost his arm to rare flesh eating bacteria.More >>
July 10, 2003
Tifton - A South Georgia business burns to the ground and is regrouping tonight. HBT Supply Store in Tifton caught on fire late Wednesday night, and investigators are still trying to figure out how.
Chris Hammond is Co-Owner of the store and he says "30 years of business gone up in smoke in just a few hours, that's hard to take."
A passerby saw smoke coming from the building and dialed 911, but fire fighters were too late.
Wendell Hall was the shift captain on duty when the fire began. He says crews worked for hours to save the building, but nothing could be salvaged.
Hall says,"My interior team reported that debris began to fall so I evacuated the building. Approximately 10 minutes later, the entire roof system collapsed."
And although 30 years of business may have gone down in just a few hours, he hopes 30 more years will soon begin.
Investigators still don't know how the blaze began. The owners say customers can still contact them at the old store number if they need supplies.