Woman burned in home - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Woman burned in home

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Man taken to hospital after Slappey wreck

    Man taken to hospital after Slappey wreck

    Friday, August 22 2014 5:28 PM EDT2014-08-22 21:28:16 GMT
    APD says Donald Phelps Jr., 32, was traveling south on Slappey Boulevard in a 2008 Kia Rondo, when he veered over into the northbound lane of traffic. More >>
    APD says Donald Phelps Jr., 32, was traveling south on Slappey Boulevard in a 2008 Kia Rondo, when he veered over into the northbound lane of traffic. More >>
  • More than $1,500 in guns, jewelry stolen from Valdosta home

    Friday, August 22 2014 5:25 PM EDT2014-08-22 21:25:47 GMT
    71 year-old Jessie Garnto said she left her home at 203 Simpson Street around 10:30 a.m. Thursday to run some errands, and when she came back around 1:30 she discovered someone had broken into her home through her back door.More >>
    71 year-old Jessie Garnto said she left her home at 203 Simpson Street around 10:30 a.m. Thursday to run some errands, and when she came back around 1:30 she discovered someone had broken into her home through her back door.More >>
  • Police seeking stolen motorcycle

    Police seeking stolen motorcycle

    Friday, August 22 2014 5:24 PM EDT2014-08-22 21:24:36 GMT
    This the missing 2004 Suzuki G-S-X-1300-R.It was taken off John Jackson's trailer on Moultrie Road and Spring Flats Road around noon on August 2nd.More >>
    This the missing 2004 Suzuki G-S-X-1300-R.It was taken off John Jackson's trailer on Moultrie Road and Spring Flats Road around noon on August 2nd.More >>

July 10, 2003

Arlington - Arlington Police are now trying to figure out how a woman was set on fire in her own home. Police responded to the home after a man dialed 911 and said someone was on fire.

When they arrived on the scene, police found the man's girlfriend, 33 year old Sabrina Strafford with first and second degree burns covering 35% of her body. She was taken to the hospital and then life flighted to the burn unit in Augusta.

"She advised me that the light in the laundry room did not work so she was using a charcoal lighter to see," said Chief Casey Taylor. That's "when a gallon of gas fell off the shelf on top of her and ignited."

Chief Taylor said when he went to the home he noticed that her story conflicted with the evidence, and that's when he called the fire Marshall's office.

Strafford's family and friends say there had been no problems between her and her boyfriend.

posted at 5:17 PM by karen.collier@walb.com