June 24, 2003
Albany -- An 11 year old Worth County boy is critically burned while playing with fire and gasoline. Christopher Green and a 13 year old neighbor were burning newspaper in a small pit in the backyard of a house on Treasure Circle in the Worthy Manor neighborhood.
The 13 year old boy was going to pour gasoline on the fire from a glass jar, when it burst into flames. Christopher Green was in flames when he jumped into a small swimming pool to put out the fire.
Christopher's Uncle, Terry Morefield, said "He was burnt 60 to 65 percent of his body. From his ears all the way down to his feet."
The 13 year old neighbor was not injured. Christopher Green was airlifted to the Augusta Burn Center where he underwent skin grafts on his ears, face, and chest.
The family was told it could be months before he is able to return home.
posted at 3:56 by email@example.com
The city now has funds saved to pay for some new initiatives, like community safety officers, expanding transit service on Ledo Road and through federal funding, there will be improvements at Southwest Georgia Regional Airport.More >>
Matthew Leverette, a well-known man in Mitchell County, has been in a tough battle against cancer since March. Sunday, he wanted his neighbors to know how important their support is to him when times get tough.More >>
Young boys in Albany spent Sunday learning about the importance of having a father figure in their life.More >>
After the country watched the latest school shooting unfold Friday, officials in Dougherty County hosted a training for people to learn how to respond to active shooting situations.More >>
As it gets warmer fishing will likely pick up. The Georgia Department of Natural Resources (DNR) said there's a few things you need to know before heading out with your rod and reel this season.More >>