Wednesday, June 19 2013 6:51 PM EDT2013-06-19 22:51:07 GMT
Ravi Mikel Givens was arrested Tuesday and charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute. He is being held in the Dougherty County jail. Givens, who played ball at Westover and StetsonMore >>
Agents say that police responded to the apartment because of a burglar alarm. Officers found the back door broken open and went inside. That's where they detected a strong odor of marijuana, and saw pot in plain view.More >>
Wednesday, June 19 2013 6:49 PM EDT2013-06-19 22:49:38 GMT
Moultrie Technical College unveiled its new $9.5 million, 46,000 square-foot Health Sciences Building Wednesday. The brand new structure is located at the school's Veterans Parkway Campus (VPC) in Moultrie. RepresentativesMore >>
Moultrie Technical College unveiled its new $9.5 million, 46,000 square-foot Health Sciences Building Wednesday. The brand new structure is located at the school's Veterans Parkway Campus in Moultrie.More >>
Wednesday, June 19 2013 6:46 PM EDT2013-06-19 22:46:04 GMT
Albany Humane Society officials say it's one of the worst cases of animal neglect they have seen. Tonight a veterinarian and Humane Society workers are trying to nurse a one-year old lab mix back toMore >>
Albany Humane Society officials and a veterinarian are nursing a dog back to health, after she was nearly starved to death.More >>
Wednesday, June 19 2013 6:45 PM EDT2013-06-19 22:45:45 GMT
Work is underway on a big empty retail space in Albany to bring in a new business and a spirit of celebration. Party City will open a store at 2709 Dawson Road, near the Albany Mall this August. EconomicMore >>
Work is underway on a big empty retail space in Albany to bring in a new business and a spirit of celebration.More >>
Wednesday, June 19 2013 6:41 PM EDT2013-06-19 22:41:48 GMT
An Albany prosthetist is coming to the rescue to help a Moultrie man who lost his arm to rare flesh eating bacteria. We introduced you to Michael Hobgood last night. His arm was amputated less than twoMore >>
An Albany prosthetist is coming to the rescue to help a Moultrie man who lost his arm to rare flesh eating bacteria.More >>
ALBANY, GA (WALB) – Albany firefighters spent almost two hours putting out huge orange flames at 404 Poinciana Avenue. Some of the flames shot 40 feet in the air. Thankfully everyone made it out safely because a neighbor called 911.
Around 2:45 when flames erupted from this home at 404 Poinciana Avenue early Tuesday morning Clifford Hunt had one mission: Get his sister, her three kids, and grandchildren to safety.
"The fire was coming from the porch. We got all the children out then the fire truck came," said Hunt who was in town staying with his sister at the home.
The fire was relentless. Brenda "Faye" Arline and dozens of loving relatives watched in horror as their home full of memories lit up the neighborhood.
"I couldn't believe it. It is truly a blaze," said brother-in-law Tommy Lee.
And when the fire finally calmed, the family's house of 16 years had shriveled to nothing but a black charred frame.
"It puts a lot in perspective. Lives are precious," said one relative.
"We'll take care of them, we'll take care of the family," said Lee.
They say someone else will too.
"God was looking out for them, woke them up and got everyone out," they said.
The Red Cross is assisting the family. Investigators say the fire was started by an electrical short on the back porch which was a recent add-on. They say the house has had numerous add-ons over the years with numerous firewalls which made battling the fire so difficult.