Fire sweeps through Albany home at daybreak - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Fire sweeps through Albany home at daybreak

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Man arrested for stealing tip jar

    Man arrested for stealing tip jar

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 10:34 AM EDT2014-04-23 14:34:32 GMT
    Timothy Banthongsack was arrested in the below case last night. From: Whitley-Banks, Phyllis Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 4:09 AM To: Whitley-Banks, Phyllis Subject:   22-14-008228  RobberyMore >>
    Timothy Banthongsack was arrested Tuesday evening for snatching the tip jar at Carrol's Meats on Philema Road.
    More >>
  • What you need to know before riding an ATV

    What you need to know before riding an ATV

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 9:50 AM EDT2014-04-23 13:50:06 GMT
    A safety warning following four ATV deaths in Georgia this week.      A man died in Liberty County when his 4 wheeler crashed into a tree.  A woman and her two young grandsons died in Walker County whenMore >>
    A safety warning was issued following four ATV deaths in Georgia this week.   Experts say you should not operate ATV's on public roads. You should wear proper gear such as gloves, goggles,  and most importantly a Department of Transportation helmet.More >>
  • Daycare providers face deadline

    Daycare providers face deadline

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 9:15 AM EDT2014-04-23 13:15:14 GMT
    The close of business today is the registration deadline for Bright from the Start. The Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning (DECAL) has posted application packages for new and returning providersMore >>
    The close of business today is the registration deadline for Bright from the Start. The purpose of the program is to prepare children for success in Kindergarten and later school years. Programs are offered at local public schools or through private providers of preschool services.More >>

By Dawn Hobby - bio | email

ALBANY, GA (WALB) –  Firefighters believe food was left cooking on a stove at the house on East Tift Avenue.

The fire swept up the stove vent, into the attic and burned through the roof.

Jacobie Daniels was asleep, but awoke and got out. "I was sleeping, then, while I was sleeping, the smoke woke me up. I tried to find a way to get out the door, and once I got out the door, I ran across the street and called the fire department," Daniels said.

 Firefighters say the house sustained about $15,000 worth of damage.

 

©2010 WALB News. All rights reserved.   Feedback

Powered by WorldNow