Dougherty County family loses home in fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Dougherty County family loses home in fire

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Campaign to help adults go back to college

    Campaign to help adults go back to college

    Thursday, July 31 2014 8:55 AM EDT2014-07-31 12:55:40 GMT
    Georgia officials are teaming up with the state's universities and technical colleges to get adults back in School. The campaign will help returning students with scheduling and course selection.More >>
    Georgia officials are teaming up with the state's universities and technical colleges to get adults back in School. The campaign will help returning students with scheduling and course selection.More >>
  • Missing man with Alzheimer's Disease Found

    Missing man with Alzheimer's Disease Found

    Thursday, July 31 2014 4:34 AM EDT2014-07-31 08:34:46 GMT
    Authorities in Berrien County are searching for a man with Alzheimer's Disease that has gone missing.They say John Bethea was last seen heading south on White Pond Road in Nashville at 11 a.m.More >>
    Authorities in Berrien County are searching for a man with Alzheimer's Disease that has gone missing.They say John Bethea was last seen heading south on White Pond Road in Nashville at 11 a.m.More >>
  • Albany cheerleading team could be on reality show

    Albany cheerleading team could be on reality show

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 11:42 PM EDT2014-07-31 03:42:06 GMT
    Dr. Latonya Peterson, Assistant CoachDr. Latonya Peterson, Assistant Coach
    An Albany cheerleading team could be featured on a reality show. More than 50 girls tried out to join the two time national champion Albany Elite “Tiger Paws.”More >>
    An Albany cheerleading team could be featured on a reality show. More than 50 girls tried out to join the two time national champion Albany Elite “Tiger Paws.”More >>

By Jim Wallace - bio | email

ALBANY, GA (WALB) –A Dougherty County family lost everything when their mobile home was destroyed by fire Tuesday morning.

Firefighters say the blaze was started by an electrical short in a fan, left running.

Lashawn Stewart's home on Mark Drive caught fire around five a.m.

Stewart was at work, and her two young sons were across the street at their Grandfather's.

Fire victim's father Steve Stewart said  "Probably saved 3, because normally if she had been working, they would have been in that bedroom where it started."

But the family of three lost most everything they own along with their home.

©2010 WALB News. All rights reserved.   Feedback