Fire destroys Smithville home - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Fire destroys Smithville home

Posted: Updated:

By Tayleigh Davis - bio | email

SMITHVILLE, GA (WALB) - A Smithville woman is homeless after a fire destroyed her home.

Bernadette Bell was at work when her home caught fire around 2:30 Monday afternoon. She rushed to her home on Paul Street where she found Lee County Fire crews battling the blaze.

Bell was able to save a few pictures but nothing else. Firefighters believe the fire started in the kitchen.

"I don't know what the next step is," said bell. "We don't have anything. My husband, my son and I lived here. We lost everything except the clothes we have on our backs. It's like we'll have to start all over again."

Bell does not have insurance. If you'd like to help her recover from that devastating fire you can contact Bernadette Bell at 229-376-7240.


©2010 WALB News. All rights reserved.   Feedback