SUV catches fire in Valdosta - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

SUV catches fire in Valdosta

By Jade Bulecza - bio | email

VALDOSTA, GA (WALB) –An SUV caught fire at gas station in Valdosta.

This is what's left of a Bronco that burned around one Wednesday afternoon at the Flash Foods on the corner of Northside and Bemiss Road.

Off-duty Valdosta firefighter Sgt. Joe Bruhl was passing by when he saw fire coming out from under the hood. He started putting it out with an extinguisher until firefighters could get there.

Authorities say it was an electrical fire.

©2010 WALB News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.  Feedback

 

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Second man arrested in connection with Albany burglary

    Second man arrested in connection with Albany burglary

    Sunday, June 24 2018 5:58 PM EDT2018-06-24 21:58:51 GMT
    Charles Brandon Harris was arrested Sunday in connection to a burglary Albany. (Source: Dougherty County Jail)Charles Brandon Harris was arrested Sunday in connection to a burglary Albany. (Source: Dougherty County Jail)

    A man wanted in connection with a burglary in Albany was arrested Sunday by the Lee County Sheriff's Office. 

    More >>

    A man wanted in connection with a burglary in Albany was arrested Sunday by the Lee County Sheriff's Office. 

    More >>
  • Body found sparks safety concerns from residents

    Body found sparks safety concerns from residents

    Sunday, June 24 2018 5:58 PM EDT2018-06-24 21:58:14 GMT

    We spoke with residents in the area and they say this event has sparked some concerns. One woman who lives just steps away from where the body was found said she wants to see more security in the neighborhood. 

    More >>

    We spoke with residents in the area and they say this event has sparked some concerns. One woman who lives just steps away from where the body was found said she wants to see more security in the neighborhood. 

    More >>
  • Dangers of hot playground equipment

    Dangers of hot playground equipment

    Sunday, June 24 2018 5:45 PM EDT2018-06-24 21:45:54 GMT
    The fire chief recommends parents to take their kids to the playground early in the morning or in the evening.  (Source: WALB)The fire chief recommends parents to take their kids to the playground early in the morning or in the evening. (Source: WALB)
    The fire chief recommends parents to take their kids to the playground early in the morning or in the evening.  (Source: WALB)The fire chief recommends parents to take their kids to the playground early in the morning or in the evening. (Source: WALB)

    The Lee County fire chief is issuing a warning tonight about how hot playground equipment can get during the summer. Chief David Forrester said some equipment can reach more than 150-degrees this time of the year. 

    More >>

    The Lee County fire chief is issuing a warning tonight about how hot playground equipment can get during the summer. Chief David Forrester said some equipment can reach more than 150-degrees this time of the year. 

    More >>
Powered by Frankly