Lightning cause shed fire -, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Lightning cause shed fire

By Wainwright Jeffers - bio | email

ALBANY, GA (WALB) – If you were awake late Saturday night it was hard to miss the lightning show over parts of our viewing area. It caused problems for one homeowner.

Fire burned furniture was left in the yard of a home in the 1100 block of West Lincoln Avenue.

Lightning struck a nearby tree and set a storage shed on fire.

It destroyed almost everything inside, but the shed is still standing. Firefighters say the flames did roughly $2,500 dollars worth of damage.

©2010 WALB News. All rights reserved.   Feedback

Powered by Frankly