Valdosta home destroyed by fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Valdosta home destroyed by fire

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • VA Clinic at MCLB gets good reviews

    VA Clinic at MCLB gets good reviews

    Friday, August 1 2014 11:05 PM EDT2014-08-02 03:05:30 GMT
    Dewey Hall, Army VeteranDewey Hall, Army Veteran
    The Department of Veterans Affairs moved Albany's Veterans Affairs clinic to the Marine Corps Logistics Base and expanded the services it offers.The clinic began serving patients Friday.More >>
    The Department of Veterans Affairs moved Albany's Veterans Affairs clinic to the Marine Corps Logistics Base and expanded the services it offers.The clinic began serving patients Friday.More >>
  • Local doctor reaching out to Liberia during Ebola outbreak

    Local doctor reaching out to Liberia during Ebola outbreak

    Friday, August 1 2014 8:07 PM EDT2014-08-02 00:07:48 GMT
    Dr. Frank GloverDr. Frank Glover
    The Ebola virus is responsible for hundreds of deaths in West Africa and there is no cure.The boarders have been closed off around Guinea, Sierra Leon and Liberia. One local doctor has been doing medical and spiritual missions work in Liberia since before the civil war.More >>
    The Ebola virus is responsible for hundreds of deaths in West Africa and there is no cure.The boarders have been closed off around Guinea, Sierra Leon and Liberia. One local doctor has been doing medical and spiritual missions work in Liberia since before the civil war.More >>
  • Albany business break in does costly damage

    Albany business break in does costly damage

    Friday, August 1 2014 6:55 PM EDT2014-08-01 22:55:55 GMT
    The owner of Impressions Made Easy says it will cost almost $900 to replace a door the burglar broke down to get inside the business.More >>
    The owner of Impressions Made Easy says it will cost almost $900 to replace a door the burglar broke down to get inside the business.More >>

April 30, 2003

Valdosta - A South Georgia home was destroyed by fire Monday night.

The home on Baytree Road in Valdosta caught fire around 9:00. Three people were inside, but escaped without injury. Firefighters believe the fire started in a window air conditioning unit.

"When the air conditioning was burning the plate glass window burst, and let air inside," said Lt. James Williams, Valdosta Fire Department.  "That's why we had such a rapid spread of fire."

The home was completely engulfed when firefighters arrived. They extinguished the fire within 15 minutes.

posted at 10:45 by ashley.harper@walb.com