Brave teen burned while helping neighbor extinguish grease fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Brave teen burned while helping neighbor extinguish grease fire

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Sylvester library shows off new renovations

    Sylvester library shows off new renovations

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 10:54 PM EDT2014-09-03 02:54:16 GMT
    Leigh Wiley, Library DirectorLeigh Wiley, Library Director
    The renovated library in Sylvester shows off its new look. The Margaret Jones Public Library hosted an open house Tuesday evening.More >>
    The renovated library in Sylvester shows off its new look. The Margaret Jones Public Library hosted an open house Tuesday evening.More >>
  • RiverQuarium prepares to celebrate 10th anniversary

    RiverQuarium prepares to celebrate 10th anniversary

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 10:49 PM EDT2014-09-03 02:49:03 GMT
    Vicki Churchman, Manager of Member and Volunteer ServicesVicki Churchman, Manager of Member and Volunteer Services
    The Flint Riverquarium is preparing to celebrate a big milestone, its 10th anniversary.On Friday and Saturday visitors can see a special portable butterfly exhibit. More >>
    The Flint Riverquarium is preparing to celebrate a big milestone, its 10th anniversary.On Friday and Saturday visitors can see a special portable butterfly exhibit. More >>
  • Albany VA Clinic looking for volunteer drivers

    Albany VA Clinic looking for volunteer drivers

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 10:43 PM EDT2014-09-03 02:43:44 GMT
    The Albany VA Clinic needs volunteers.

    The Carl Vinson VA Medical Center in Dublin is looking for drivers to sign up to help elderly veterans get to their appointments at the new Albany Clinic at the Marine Base.

    More >>
    The Albany VA Clinic needs volunteers.

    The Carl Vinson VA Medical Center in Dublin is looking for drivers to sign up to help elderly veterans get to their appointments at the new Albany Clinic at the Marine Base.

    More >>

By Kimberly Page - bio | email

OCILLA, GA (WALB) – A 13-year-old boy from Ocilla is being treated at the burn center in Augusta, after he was burned while trying to help a neighbor put out a grease fire.

About four o'clock Thursday afternoon, Bud Laska used a fire extinguisher to try to put out a fire on a stove after a friend next door ran to ask him for help.

The fire continued to spread, so Laska grabbed the pot and threw it outside.

He was burned on his chest and arm.  He was treated at Tift Regional before being transferred to Augusta.

©2010 WALB News. All rights reserved.   Feedback