Fire victim needs help - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Fire victim needs help

April 17, 2003

Camilla - A disabled south Georgia woman is living inside a partially burned mobile home.

Rena Bentley of Camilla now has a bedroom that's charred and melted. On April 2nd, her room caught fire because of a spark from an electrical outlet. Bentley tried to put out the fire, but burned her hands and eyes. Bentley says, "I pray to GOD we all come as one. It's about people coming together and being there for people. I know a lot of people don't know about the fire."

Bentley's home caught fire two weeks after the tornado in Camilla. She was able to get some donations from the Albany Food Bank, but is looking for more help.

A fund has been set for Rena Bentley at a local bank, you can drop off donations at Robert Jester Mortuary on Lincoln Street in Camilla.

posted at 5:44PM by kathryn.simmons@walb.com

Powered by WorldNow