FACEVILLE, GA (WALB) – Two people are in jail after a house fire led to the discovery a meth lab.
Cheryl Dewick and William Cook say they were cooking hamburgers Thursday night when the grease caught fire.
The Faceville volunteer fire department put out the flames at 181 Neal Street.
But Decatur County Sheriff's deputies noticed remnants of items used to make meth.
They arrested Dewick and Cook for manufacturing methamphetamine.
Authorities say they've investigated several past drug complaints at the at address.
©2010 WALB News. All rights reserved. Feedback
U.S. Air Force Airman Mychal T. Sanders graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas.More >>
The weather experts at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration are expecting a 70 percent chance that there will be 11 to 17 named storms in this year's Atlantic Hurricane Season.More >>
For the older generation, people remember the pre-flood, pre-Albany Mall days when downtown Albany was the place to shop and eat. Now, it's the younger generation that's pushing for a vibrant downtown.More >>
A nonprofit film office in Los Angeles, FilmL.A., released a new report that names Georgia the number one filming location worldwide.More >>
Southwest Georgia is faced with an aging population. One senior home living organization is preparing now to meet the future ballooning needs for elder care.More >>