Albany fire caused by burning incense - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Albany fire caused by burning incense

By Jim Wallace - bio | email

ALBANY, GA (WALB) –Burning incense sets a Northwest Albany home on fire Thursday night.  A fire that caused $70,000 worth of damage.

Firefighters were called to this house on Home Drive around 8 PM.

Escolethia Miller said she had incense burning in a back bedroom, and it caught a closet on fire.

She tried to fight the fire with water in a pitcher but gave up when the fire grew too quickly.

No one was injured.


©2010 WALB News. All rights reserved.   Feedback

 

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Service honors fallen service members at Albany's Field of Crosses

    Service honors fallen service members at Albany's Field of Crosses

    Sunday, May 28 2017 10:19 PM EDT2017-05-29 02:19:11 GMT
    (Source: WALB)(Source: WALB)

    Several dozen people gathered Sunday to remember and honor fallen military service members. It was the annual Field of Crosses Memorial Day Service at the Albany Mall. Speakers talked about the focus of Memorial Day being fallen service members.

    More >>

    Several dozen people gathered Sunday to remember and honor fallen military service members. It was the annual Field of Crosses Memorial Day Service at the Albany Mall. Speakers talked about the focus of Memorial Day being fallen service members.

    More >>
  • "Rabbitman" hosts third annual After School Extravaganza

    "Rabbitman" hosts third annual After School Extravaganza

    Sunday, May 28 2017 10:14 PM EDT2017-05-29 02:14:36 GMT
    (Source: WALB)(Source: WALB)

    A local business rewarded students after another successful school year.  Elijah Williams Jr., owner of Rabbitman Footwear, hosted his After School Extravaganza. It's a chance to celebrate students for their hard work during the school year.

    More >>

    A local business rewarded students after another successful school year.  Elijah Williams Jr., owner of Rabbitman Footwear, hosted his After School Extravaganza. It's a chance to celebrate students for their hard work during the school year.

    More >>
  • WATCH: Airman surprises sister at Mitchell Co. High graduation

    WATCH: Airman surprises sister at Mitchell Co. High graduation

    Sunday, May 28 2017 9:10 PM EDT2017-05-29 01:10:11 GMT
    (Source: Facebook)(Source: Facebook)

    A U.S. Airman pulled off the surprise of a lifetime for his sister this weekend. Jakeria Florence graduated from Mitchell County High School Friday night. Scarlette M Wimberly She did not think her brother, Airman 1st Class Jason Florence, would make it to her graduation. He's been stationed in Alaska for more than two years.

    More >>

    A U.S. Airman pulled off the surprise of a lifetime for his sister this weekend. Jakeria Florence graduated from Mitchell County High School Friday night. Scarlette M Wimberly She did not think her brother, Airman 1st Class Jason Florence, would make it to her graduation. He's been stationed in Alaska for more than two years.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly