Woman rescued from burning home - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Woman rescued from burning home

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Man arrested for stealing tip jar

    Man arrested for stealing tip jar

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 10:34 AM EDT2014-04-23 14:34:32 GMT
    Timothy Banthongsack was arrested in the below case last night. From: Whitley-Banks, Phyllis Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 4:09 AM To: Whitley-Banks, Phyllis Subject:   22-14-008228  RobberyMore >>
    Timothy Banthongsack was arrested Tuesday evening for snatching the tip jar at Carrol's Meats on Philema Road.
    More >>
  • What you need to know before riding an ATV

    What you need to know before riding an ATV

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 9:50 AM EDT2014-04-23 13:50:06 GMT
    A safety warning following four ATV deaths in Georgia this week.      A man died in Liberty County when his 4 wheeler crashed into a tree.  A woman and her two young grandsons died in Walker County whenMore >>
    A safety warning was issued following four ATV deaths in Georgia this week.   Experts say you should not operate ATV's on public roads. You should wear proper gear such as gloves, goggles,  and most importantly a Department of Transportation helmet.More >>
  • Daycare providers face deadline

    Daycare providers face deadline

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 9:15 AM EDT2014-04-23 13:15:14 GMT
    The close of business today is the registration deadline for Bright from the Start. The Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning (DECAL) has posted application packages for new and returning providersMore >>
    The close of business today is the registration deadline for Bright from the Start. The purpose of the program is to prepare children for success in Kindergarten and later school years. Programs are offered at local public schools or through private providers of preschool services.More >>

By Cade Fowler - bio | email

LEE COUNTY, GA (WALB) – A northern Lee County woman was rescued from her burning house Wednesday afternoon.

Betty Pitree's mobile home on North Philema Road caught fire around 2:30.

Dish Network repairman Gino Williams was working on a satellite dish outside the home when he spotted the flames.

The 68-year old Pitree, who uses a wheel chair, was inside.

Williams flagged down a driver for Direct TV and they both ran inside the burning home to save the woman.

"The cable man, he got me and started running me and I fell. I was trying, but he got me outside on the ramp.They got me up where they could me out here in the yard," said Pitree.

Lee County firefighters battled the flames and even had to haul in water on a water truck.

But the mobile home was destroyed.

The fire is believed to have started from a candle.

Ms. Pitree was later taken to a hospital because of side pain.

©2010 WALB News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.  Feedback

Powered by WorldNow