Albany firefighter injured - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Albany firefighter injured

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • USA Track star killed in Crisp County crash

    USA Track star killed in Crisp County crash

    Monday, July 28 2014 7:30 AM EDT2014-07-28 11:30:31 GMT
    Track and field field star killed after semi slammed into a stalled car on I-75 in Cordele.More >>
    Track and field field star killed after semi slammed into a stalled car on I-75 in Cordele.More >>
  • PCA faces judge Monday for salmonella outbreak

    PCA faces judge Monday for salmonella outbreak

    Monday, July 28 2014 4:03 AM EDT2014-07-28 08:03:54 GMT
     Happening today jury selection set to get underway in one of the largest food recall cases in our nation's history. It comes nearly 5 years after a deadly salmonella outbreak was linked to a south Georgia peanut manufacture and three people, including it's former owner are set to stand trial. More >>
     Happening today jury selection set to get underway in one of the largest food recall cases in our nation's history. It comes nearly 5 years after a deadly salmonella outbreak was linked to a south Georgia peanut manufacture and three people, including it's former owner are set to stand trial. More >>
  • UPDATE: Police search for man who shot up two vehicles

    UPDATE: Police search for man who shot up two vehicles

    Sunday, July 27 2014 11:38 PM EDT2014-07-28 03:38:04 GMT
    Albany police say several shots were fired into an unoccupied vehicle Sunday evening at a restaurant parking lot.More >>
    Albany police say several shots were fired into an unoccupied vehicle Sunday evening at a restaurant parking lot.More >>

March 17, 2003

Albany -- An Albany firefighter suffers a minor injury battling a house fire Sunday. Firefighter Jonathan Arnette suffered a burned arm when pieces of the roof fell on him.

Arnette was fighting a blaze at a home in the thousand block of Wingate Avenue Sunday at about 6:30 in the morning.

Arnette was treated by E.M.S. at the scene, and then returned to work.

Investigators say Mack Kenyan was living in the house without power. A candle started the fire that destroyed the house.

The damage was estimated at 45 thousand dollars.

posted at 6:17 by jimw@walb.com