About 100 people were just evacuated from the Hudson Malone Towers building in Downtown Albany.
Just a few minutes before five Monday afternoon, the fire department got a call about a fire inside the high rise apartment building on Flint Avenue.
Firefighters and EMS workers had to use special equipment to get the residents out.
Many of them are elderly or disabled.
Fire Chief Jim Carswell tells us an electrical problem in a panel box sparked a small fire that filled a couple of hallways with smoke.
Paramedics treated a couple of people on the scene for respiratory problems, but no one had to be taken to the hospital.
Right now, those evacuees are being taken to the SOWEGA Council on Aging Senior Center on Pine Avenue.
We have a crew on the scene.