Two people overcome by carbon monoxide - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Two people overcome by carbon monoxide

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Local artists auction work to benefit Albany Humane Society

    Local artists auction work to benefit Albany Humane Society

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 4:07 AM EDT2014-09-16 08:07:28 GMT
    Animal lovers can give back to the Albany Humane Society in a very unique way. Local artists will be auctioning off their work to benefit the non-profit organization through Artists for Animals. More >>
    Animal lovers can give back to the Albany Humane Society in a very unique way. Local artists will be auctioning off their work to benefit the non-profit organization through Artists for Animals. 
    More >>
  • Worth County is Camera Ready

    Worth County is Camera Ready

    Monday, September 15 2014 10:50 PM EDT2014-09-16 02:50:56 GMT
    Karen Rackley, Sylvester-Worth County Chamber of Commerce Executive DirectorKaren Rackley, Sylvester-Worth County Chamber of Commerce Executive Director
    Every county in Georgia is now camera ready.Worth County is one of the final 20 counties that just earned the designation meant to show television and movie producers that local communities are able and willing to help them. More >>
    Every county in Georgia is now camera ready.Worth County is one of the final 20 counties that just earned the designation meant to show television and movie producers that local communities are able and willing to help them. More >>
  • Sylvester city departments remain without phone service

    Sylvester city departments remain without phone service

    Monday, September 15 2014 10:50 PM EDT2014-09-16 02:50:33 GMT
    Bill Yearta, Mayor of SylvesterBill Yearta, Mayor of Sylvester
    All city departments in Sylvester remain without phone service. The phone system went down on Monday at Sylvester City Hall and the police, fire, and public works departments.More >>
    All city departments in Sylvester remain without phone service. The phone system went down on Monday at Sylvester City Hall and the police, fire, and public works departments.More >>

February 27, 2003

Albany --Two Albany people were overcome by carbon monoxide Wednesday night. At this apartment on 13th Avenue, 35 year old Anthony Griffin and 23 year old Pamela Guined called 9-1-1 around 9:30.

 Both Griffin and Guined were treated at a local hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning. Neither was seriously injured. Fire investigators say one the gas appliances was malfunctioning.They recommend a carbon monoxide alarm for protection.

Albany Fire Department Assistant Chief James Carswell said "Actually we always tell people if they are concerned about that, they need to have an alarm that will give them that added feature of safety in the case an appliance does not work like it's supposed to."

 The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are much like the flu, head ache and soreness.

posted at 4:44 by jimw@walb.com