Sparks fire fatality ruled as accidental - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Sparks fire fatality ruled as accidental

February 17, 2003

Sparks - An autopsy shows that a Cook County man, who was found in a burned-out house last week, died of a heart attack.

Investigators aren't sure whether 52-year-old Emanuel Simon had the heart attack before or after his house caught fire. They think a space heater ignited his couch, and theorized that Simon may have knocked over the heater when he had the heart attack.

The fire has been ruled as accidental.

posted at 2:45 by ashley.harper@walb.com

Powered by WorldNow