Vagrants burn garage apartments - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Vagrants burn garage apartments

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Smack down on Cancer at the State Theater

    Smack down on Cancer at the State Theater

    Saturday, April 19 2014 11:54 PM EDT2014-04-20 03:54:50 GMT
    Wrestlers from all over Georgia and Florida were in town for the Smack Down on Cancer Event at the state theater. More >>
    Wrestlers from all over Georgia and Florida were in town for the Smack Down on Cancer Event at the state theater. More >>
  • Americus student honored in statewide design contest

    Americus student honored in statewide design contest

    Saturday, April 19 2014 7:59 PM EDT2014-04-19 23:59:05 GMT
    Indira Zelaya, a fourth grader from Sarah Cobb Elementary School in Americus, was honored in Atlanta recently for her artwork supporting Georgia's manufacturing industry.  She was nominated by South GeorgiaMore >>
    Indira Zelaya, a fourth grader from Sarah Cobb Elementary School in Americus, was honored in Atlanta recently for her artwork supporting Georgia's manufacturing industry.  She was nominated by South Georgia Technical College.More >>
  • Swimming pool destroyed after storm

    Swimming pool destroyed after storm

    Saturday, April 19 2014 7:32 PM EDT2014-04-19 23:32:11 GMT
    An Albany man arrived home to find his pool completely destroyed. He's not sure what happened, but the wall caved in and the concrete cracked. He says he's had the siding redone several times.More >>
    An Albany man arrived home to find his pool completely destroyed. He's not sure what happened, but the wall caved in and the concrete cracked. More >>

February 10, 2003

Albany -- Homeless people trying to stay warm burn another building in downtown Albany. This apartment building at 721 West First Avenue burned early yesterday. Both the apartment building and the house in front of it are vacant and boarded up.

 Fire investigators say homeless people were living there and set a fire to stay warm. The fire caused an estimated 20 thousand dollars damage.

Last month two homeless men died when the fire they built to stay warm burning down a building fire on West Ogelthorpe Drive.

posted at 3:14 by jimw@walb.com

Powered by WorldNow