Family holds memorial for daughter who died in fire -, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Family holds memorial for daughter who died in fire

By Tayleigh Davis - bio | email

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - A little girl who died from severe burn injuries in a July house fire was laid to rest Saturday. One-year-old Ja'el Fenn died a week ago, nearly two months after vapors from a gas can caused the utility room to catch on fire.

Last month, her three-year-old brother Jeremiah also died from injuries in that same house fire. Ja'el's mom and dad, family and friends gathered at Pleasant Hill Baptist church to honor their little Ja'el.

Ja'el's dad Jeremiah and her mom Jessica say they're taking it hard after their baby girl passed away less than two months after her older brother.

"This is a very hard time for us," Jeremiah said. "No one could ever imagine burying their kids especially with them being this young."

Jeremiah and his mother said their faith and the overwhelming support from family and the community has helped them through.

"I'm just really speechless," said Caren Fenn, Ja'el's grandma. "It makes me feel good that people still care about people when they're going through this."

"It's been a tremendous help with my immediate family and also with my Albany family with everyone showing support," Jeremiah said.

As Ja'el's parents and family mourn her loss, they felt blessed to have her for as long as they did. Ja'el's family also thanks their pastor and the Meadow Funeral home for their continuing support.

©2009 WALB News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.  Feedback

Powered by Frankly