Family holds memorial for daughter who died in fire - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Family holds memorial for daughter who died in fire

By Tayleigh Davis - bio | email

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - A little girl who died from severe burn injuries in a July house fire was laid to rest Saturday. One-year-old Ja'el Fenn died a week ago, nearly two months after vapors from a gas can caused the utility room to catch on fire.

Last month, her three-year-old brother Jeremiah also died from injuries in that same house fire. Ja'el's mom and dad, family and friends gathered at Pleasant Hill Baptist church to honor their little Ja'el.

Ja'el's dad Jeremiah and her mom Jessica say they're taking it hard after their baby girl passed away less than two months after her older brother.

"This is a very hard time for us," Jeremiah said. "No one could ever imagine burying their kids especially with them being this young."

Jeremiah and his mother said their faith and the overwhelming support from family and the community has helped them through.

"I'm just really speechless," said Caren Fenn, Ja'el's grandma. "It makes me feel good that people still care about people when they're going through this."

"It's been a tremendous help with my immediate family and also with my Albany family with everyone showing support," Jeremiah said.

As Ja'el's parents and family mourn her loss, they felt blessed to have her for as long as they did. Ja'el's family also thanks their pastor and the Meadow Funeral home for their continuing support.


©2009 WALB News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.  Feedback

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Hot weather can drain life from car batteries

    Hot weather can drain life from car batteries

    Monday, September 25 2017 7:50 AM EDT2017-09-25 11:50:16 GMT
    Car mechanics urge drivers to do routine maintenance under the hood as we go into fall (Source: WALB)Car mechanics urge drivers to do routine maintenance under the hood as we go into fall (Source: WALB)

    Mechanic Tom Gieryic said many people think battery issues arise from cold, frigid weather, but the summer heat can also drain a car battery.

    More >>

    Mechanic Tom Gieryic said many people think battery issues arise from cold, frigid weather, but the summer heat can also drain a car battery.

    More >>
  • Albany State to host open house on October 7

    Albany State to host open house on October 7

    Monday, September 25 2017 7:46 AM EDT2017-09-25 11:46:40 GMT
    (Source: WALB)(Source: WALB)

    Albany State University officials are focusing on boosting enrollment numbers by recruiting local students. 

    More >>

    Albany State University officials are focusing on boosting enrollment numbers by recruiting local students. 

    More >>
  • News to know for Monday

    News to know for Monday

    Monday, September 25 2017 4:17 AM EDT2017-09-25 08:17:58 GMT
    Fritz Farm, a wedding venue in Cordele, will host a night of beer, burgers, and brats, called the "Hurricane Hoedown," on September 30. (Source: WALB)Fritz Farm, a wedding venue in Cordele, will host a night of beer, burgers, and brats, called the "Hurricane Hoedown," on September 30. (Source: WALB)

    ‘Hurricane Hoedown’ to help families and first responders affected by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, Albany Utilities is opening a centralized call center, and more.

    More >>

    ‘Hurricane Hoedown’ to help families and first responders affected by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, Albany Utilities is opening a centralized call center, and more.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly