Toddler dies from burn injuries - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Toddler dies from burn injuries

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Smack down on Cancer at the State Theater

    Smack down on Cancer at the State Theater

    Saturday, April 19 2014 11:54 PM EDT2014-04-20 03:54:50 GMT
    Wrestlers from all over Georgia and Florida were in town for the Smack Down on Cancer Event at the state theater. More >>
    Wrestlers from all over Georgia and Florida were in town for the Smack Down on Cancer Event at the state theater. More >>
  • Americus student honored in statewide design contest

    Americus student honored in statewide design contest

    Saturday, April 19 2014 7:59 PM EDT2014-04-19 23:59:05 GMT
    Indira Zelaya, a fourth grader from Sarah Cobb Elementary School in Americus, was honored in Atlanta recently for her artwork supporting Georgia's manufacturing industry.  She was nominated by South GeorgiaMore >>
    Indira Zelaya, a fourth grader from Sarah Cobb Elementary School in Americus, was honored in Atlanta recently for her artwork supporting Georgia's manufacturing industry.  She was nominated by South Georgia Technical College.More >>
  • Swimming pool destroyed after storm

    Swimming pool destroyed after storm

    Saturday, April 19 2014 7:32 PM EDT2014-04-19 23:32:11 GMT
    An Albany man arrived home to find his pool completely destroyed. He's not sure what happened, but the wall caved in and the concrete cracked. He says he's had the siding redone several times.More >>
    An Albany man arrived home to find his pool completely destroyed. He's not sure what happened, but the wall caved in and the concrete cracked. More >>

By Wainwright Jeffers - bio | email

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - A young girl who suffered critical burns in an Albany house fire in July has died.

This less than two months after family laid her older brother to rest from his burn injuries. One-year-old Ja'el Fenn lost her battle to live at an Augusta hospital Saturday.

An explosion at the family's home on Ken Gardens Road July badly burned Ja'el and her brother.

3-year-old Jeremiah Fenn Junior died from his injuries August 1st. Ja'el was in critical condition since the Fire in July.

Family members tell us she underwent a number of skin graphs and had a blood transfusion this past Friday.

The children's mother Jessica Fenn was also burned as she tried to save them.

Fire investigators say vapors from a gas can that was left in the utility room of the home likely caused the flash fire.

Feedback


©2009 WALB News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Powered by WorldNow