Toddler dies from burn injuries in house explosion - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Toddler dies from burn injuries in house explosion

Posted: Updated:

By Wainwright Jeffers - bio | email

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - A young girl who suffered critical burns in an Albany house fire in July has died.

This less than two months after family laid her older brother to rest from his burn injuries. One-year-old Ja'el Fenn lost her battle to live at an Augusta hospital Saturday.

An explosion at the family's home on Ken Gardens Road July badly burned Ja'el and her brother.

3-year-old Jeremiah Fenn Junior died from his injuries August 1st. Ja'el was in critical condition since the Fire in July.

Family members tell us she underwent a number of skin graphs and had a blood transfusion this past Friday.

The children's mother Jessica Fenn was also burned as she tried to save them.

Fire investigators say vapors from a gas can that was left in the utility room of the home likely caused the flash fire.

 


©2009 WALB News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Feedback