Fatal fire caused by cigarette - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Fatal fire caused by cigarette

January 31, 2003

Camilla - A fatal fire in Southwest Georgia is ruled accidental.

Two weeks ago, 55-year-old Ken Turner died of smoke inhalation when his Camilla home caught fire. His ex-wife, Lucy Turner, was pulled to safety by neighbors and a passerby.

State Fire Investigators believe the fire started from a discarded cigarette.

posted at 6:00PM by kathryn.simmons@walb.com

 

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • South Georgia group aims to stop underage drinking

    South Georgia group aims to stop underage drinking

    Saturday, April 21 2018 6:44 PM EDT2018-04-21 22:44:07 GMT
    South Georgia Starz working to prevent underage drinking. (Source: WALB)South Georgia Starz working to prevent underage drinking. (Source: WALB)
    The College Football National Championship game just days away and tickets are pretty pricey, but so are DUIs. (Source: WALB)The College Football National Championship game just days away and tickets are pretty pricey, but so are DUIs. (Source: WALB)

    An Albany nonprofit is working to address underage drinking.  South Georgia Starz Academy has gotten a mental block grant, through the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration or SAMHSA.  

    More >>

    An Albany nonprofit is working to address underage drinking.  South Georgia Starz Academy has gotten a mental block grant, through the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration or SAMHSA.  

    More >>
  • Art museum brings out local families

    Art museum brings out local families

    Saturday, April 21 2018 6:21 PM EDT2018-04-21 22:21:57 GMT
    Family day at the Albany Museum of Arts. (Source: WALB)Family day at the Albany Museum of Arts. (Source: WALB)

    For almost 10 years the Albany Museum of Art has encouraged families to explore their creative side.  Saturday was no different.

    More >>

    For almost 10 years the Albany Museum of Art has encouraged families to explore their creative side.  Saturday was no different.

    More >>
  • Groundbreaking for Lee Co veteran home

    Groundbreaking for Lee Co veteran home

    Saturday, April 21 2018 6:17 PM EDT2018-04-21 22:17:57 GMT
    The Flint Habitat for Humanity broke ground on a lot today in Lee County for the family of a veteran. (Source: WALB)The Flint Habitat for Humanity broke ground on a lot today in Lee County for the family of a veteran. (Source: WALB)

    A South Georgia veteran's family will soon move into a new home, thanks to the hard work of volunteers.  The Flint Habitat for Humanity broke ground on a lot today in Lee County for the family of a veteran. 

    More >>

    A South Georgia veteran's family will soon move into a new home, thanks to the hard work of volunteers.  The Flint Habitat for Humanity broke ground on a lot today in Lee County for the family of a veteran. 

    More >>
Powered by Frankly