Clothes dryer may have caused Albany fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Clothes dryer may have caused Albany fire

Posted: Updated:

By Len Kiese - bio | email

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - Traffic was re-routed in an Albany neighborhood Tuesday night as firefighters put down flames at a home.

At about six o'clock, firefighters responded to 4828 Hill Road. They quickly got the fire under control. The fire started near the dryer in the laundry room.

Fire Chief James Carswell says stove and dryer fires are common.

"We advise everybody if you run the dryer, be there with it. Don't just leave it. It's just like any other appliance, it can break down. If you're not there to turn it off or shut it down, it can cause problems," said Carswell.  

No one was injured but firefighters estimate the fire caused about $30,000 in damage.

Feedback


©2009 WALB News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.