Woman dies in fire - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Woman dies in fire

January 28, 2003

Dougherty Co. -- A Dougherty County woman died trying to heat her home Monday night, just a day away from her 91st birthday. Annie Barfield had four space heaters surrounding her favorite chair by the television set. Investigators say she also had the oven and stove on for additional heat. The Pretoria Acres Mobile home was completely destroyed.

Firefighters warn that space heaters can be dangerous if placed to close to furniture or clothing. After a while they dry out the material, creating a fire hazard.

posted at 6:37 p.m. by dave.d'marko@walb.com

Powered by Frankly