Lake Park home catches fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Lake Park home catches fire

January 24, 2003

Lake Park - Investigators believe sparks from a fireplace caused a South Georgia home to go up in flames.

It took Lowndes County firefighters over an hour to contain the blaze at the Lake Park home on Golf Drive. The fire left heavy damage to the home, but no one was inside when the fire started.

"When we got here it was fully involved, but with the help of other departments, we put the blazes out before the entire house was destroyed," said Lloyd Green, Twin Lakes Fire Department Chief.

While investigators believe the fire started from the fireplace, they won't be sure until next week.

posted at 2:50 by ashley.harper@walb.com

 

Powered by WorldNow