Albany man burned in fire - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Albany man burned in fire

December 30, 2002

Albany -- An Albany man suffered serious burns when his trailer caught on fire Sunday night. Neighbors say Jerry Cole, who is in his mid-60-s, was taken to the Augusta Burn Center Monday morning.

 They pulled Cole from this trailer in the 200 block of Cordele Road about 6:45 Sunday night. Investigators say food left unattended on the stove started the fire.

 Cole tried to put the fire out with a garden hose. He was overcome by smoke, and suffered second degree burns on his arm and chest.

The trailer was a total loss.

posted at 3:38 by jimw@walb.com

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Black history program honors history maker

    Black history program honors history maker

    Tuesday, February 20 2018 7:55 AM EST2018-02-20 12:55:07 GMT
    Major General Retired, Alfred Flowers is the longest serving airman in U.S. history. (Source: WALB)Major General Retired, Alfred Flowers is the longest serving airman in U.S. history. (Source: WALB)

    "I'm always honored but more importantly I'm humbled that folks would honor me for doing the nation's business," said Major General Retired, Alfred Flowers. History-maker Major General Retired Alfred Flowers has been in South Georgia this weekend. 

    More >>

    "I'm always honored but more importantly I'm humbled that folks would honor me for doing the nation's business," said Major General Retired, Alfred Flowers. History-maker Major General Retired Alfred Flowers has been in South Georgia this weekend. 

    More >>
  • UPDATE: Victim named in deadly Albany house fire

    UPDATE: Victim named in deadly Albany house fire

    Tuesday, February 20 2018 12:33 AM EST2018-02-20 05:33:12 GMT
    A woman was killed in an Albany fire Monday night. (Source: WALB)A woman was killed in an Albany fire Monday night. (Source: WALB)

    A woman died after a house fire on Dawson Road Monday night, according to Albany police.

    More >>

    A woman died after a house fire on Dawson Road Monday night, according to Albany police.

    More >>
  • Tifton council updates building and zoning regulations

    Tifton council updates building and zoning regulations

    Tuesday, February 20 2018 12:02 AM EST2018-02-20 05:02:20 GMT
    A 30-day moratorium has been lifted by the city of Tifton for residential building. (Source: WALB)A 30-day moratorium has been lifted by the city of Tifton for residential building. (Source: WALB)

    For the last 30 days, the city council has been updating regulations for base zoning, building locations, and lot areas and width for residential development.

    More >>

    For the last 30 days, the city council has been updating regulations for base zoning, building locations, and lot areas and width for residential development.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly