Albany man burned in fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Albany man burned in fire

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Major road project takes a step forward

    Major road project takes a step forward

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 12:02 AM EDT2014-04-23 04:02:45 GMT
    Lee County Commissioners are close to approving a route for a major road project that will connect the east and west parts of the county. Tuesday night, they heard from Georgia Tech engineers who studiedMore >>
    Lee County residents will soon have the chance to give their opinions on a major road project.More >>
  • City leaders approve new rules for model airplanes

    City leaders approve new rules for model airplanes

    Tuesday, April 22 2014 11:59 PM EDT2014-04-23 03:59:14 GMT
    Albany city commissioners approve new rules for model airplanes.      Following complaints from some people who live near Hilsman Park a citizen's advisory committee spent months studying the issue andMore >>
    Albany city commissioners approve new rules for model airplanes.      Following complaints from some people who live near Hilsman Park a citizen's advisory committee spent months studying the issue andMore >>
  • Voters hear from candidates at forum

    Voters hear from candidates at forum

    Tuesday, April 22 2014 11:56 PM EDT2014-04-23 03:56:54 GMT
    Voters heard from more than a dozen political candidates at a forum Tuesday night hosted by the Albany Civil Rights Institute. People running in Dougherty County Commission, Dougherty County School BoardMore >>
    Days before early voting opens, candidates for several races in Dougherty County get together to try earn voters' support.More >>

December 30, 2002

Albany -- An Albany man suffered serious burns when his trailer caught on fire Sunday night. Neighbors say Jerry Cole, who is in his mid-60-s, was taken to the Augusta Burn Center Monday morning.

 They pulled Cole from this trailer in the 200 block of Cordele Road about 6:45 Sunday night. Investigators say food left unattended on the stove started the fire.

 Cole tried to put the fire out with a garden hose. He was overcome by smoke, and suffered second degree burns on his arm and chest.

The trailer was a total loss.

posted at 3:38 by jimw@walb.com

Powered by WorldNow