Fire heavily damages house -, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Fire heavily damages house

By Karen Cohilas - bio | email

ALBANY, GA (WALB) -Just before two o'clock Wednesday, firefighters responded to the house at 208 5th Avenue.

An electrical outlet with a window unit air conditioner had a short in it and started the fire.

Most of the fire was contained in a front room, though there was smoke and water damage throughout.

No one was at home when the fire started, but the owner spotted the fire and called 911.

©2009 WALB News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.  Feedback

Powered by Frankly