37-year-old Jason Pate suffered second and third degree burns over most of his body Wednesday night. His wife, family, and some co-workers are with him in Augusta.
Pate is a chemical operator at Equinox Chemicals on West Oakridge. He was burned when two gasket seals on a machine ruptured and caused an acetylene flash fire.
The Albany chemical plant shut down production after the accident to conduct an internal investigation.
©2009 WALB News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
If you were shocked the last time you opened your power bill, Georgia Power has good news for you. The power company says its customers usually see their highest bills during this time of year, but there are ways to save on energy.More >>
Valdosta Police have arrested two people in connection to a shooting on Shanna Circle that happened on July 15.More >>
As you try to prepare your child for heading back to the classroom, here is a list to help make sure you and your student are prepared for the upcoming year.More >>
Downtown Tifton’s occupancy level is at 98% and the City’s economic development director said that’s good news for residents.More >>
This week, Karla Heath-Sands, Cade Fowler and Chris Zelman are all learning the results of their genetic makeup on Today in Georgia. This is Karla's journey.More >>