Albany Firefighter expected to make full recovery -, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Albany Firefighter expected to make full recovery

By Jim Wallace - bio | email

ALBANY, GA (WALB) -Fire Investigators believe a faulty lamp ignited that huge fire that destroyed a downtown office building Monday.

The building at 413 West Flint Avenue was destroyed. Dozens of firefighters battled the blaze for about 90 minutes.

Investigators have been going through the building since it cooled off. While the investigation continues, they think the fire was started by an electrical problem in a lamp in one of the 13 offices in the building.

Doctors say an injured firefighter should make a full recovery. Adam Wall suffered a broken right foot when both his feet got caught in hydraulics on the aerial truck's lift ladder. His other foot was injured, but not broken. Wall is expected to be out for six to 8 weeks.


©2009 WALB News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly