Highland fire leaves mom, son homeless - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Highland fire leaves mom, son homeless

By Delivrine Registre - bio | email

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - A mother and her two children are now homeless after a house fire damaged their home.  

Investigators say a cigarette that was not fully extinguished in one of the bedrooms caused the fire.  

Smoke billowed out of the roof as firefighters took down the blaze last night about 10:30.  

About half the home at 1315 West Highland Avenue was destroyed. The other half sustained heavy smoke damage.

The homeowner had just left the house when the fire started. No one was injured.


©2009 WALB News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly