South Albany family displaced by fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

South Albany family displaced by fire

Posted: Updated:

By Ben Roberts - bio | email

ALBANY, GA (WALB) – Albany firefighters rushed to a duplex fire in south Albany Thursday night. The fire broke out inside a duplex on Vandeman Street around ten o'clock. Fire investigators believe kids playing with a lighter may have sparked the blaze. Everyone made it out safely but will have to stay elsewhere for a while. Officials say both units in the duplex received heavy smoke damage.

 
Copyright 2011 WALB.  All rights reserved.   Feedback