Grease fire displaces family - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Grease fire displaces family

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Man robbed outside Albany restaurant

    Man robbed outside Albany restaurant

    Saturday, July 26 2014 3:30 PM EDT2014-07-26 19:30:25 GMT
    Police say Albany resident Thomas Holt was leaving Krystal restaurant on Oglethrope early Saturday morning when he was stopped by two black men in the parking lot.One man had a knife, and told Holt to give him his wallet.Holt gave the man his wallet and says the two men left in what he thinks is a white suburban.The APD is investigating the case.Copyright 2014 WALB. All rights reserved.More >>
    Police say Albany resident Thomas Holt was leaving Krystal restaurant on Oglethrope early Saturday morning when he was stopped by two black men in the parking lot.One man had a knife, and told Holt to give him his wallet.Holt gave the man his wallet and says the two men left in what he thinks is a white suburban.The APD is investigating the case.Copyright 2014 WALB. All rights reserved.More >>
  • Seven teenagers shot in Sylvester

    Seven teenagers shot in Sylvester

    Saturday, July 26 2014 1:45 PM EDT2014-07-26 17:45:10 GMT
    Sylvester police say seven teenagers were shot during a fight at a private party.More >>
    Sylvester police say seven teenagers were shot during a fight at a private party.More >>
  • Americus city council set to look at recycling again

    Americus city council set to look at recycling again

    Saturday, July 26 2014 2:24 AM EDT2014-07-26 06:24:53 GMT
    Americus city leaders are proposing a new curbside recycling program that won't cost residents. It comes after lots of folks got angry when they found out items they thought were being recycled were just going to the landfill. More >>
    Americus city leaders are proposing a new curbside recycling program that won't cost residents. It comes after lots of folks got angry when they found out items they thought were being recycled were just going to the landfill. More >>

By Tayleigh Davis - bio | email

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - A northeast Albany family is displaced from their home after a fire Thursday night.

The tenants inside the home on 1908 Riverview Drive say they left a skillet unattended on the stove for just a moment. Next thing they knew, the kitchen was on fire.

Everyone got out safely, including two children and four dogs. The Red Cross is putting the family in a hotel for the night. They were able to salvage some clothing but lost many of their belongings.

If you'd like to assist the family with any donations, you can call Shawanna Longie at (229) 288-8018.

Copyright 2011 WALB.  All rights reserved.