(WALB) - Hurricane Michael hit two days ahead of Friday night’s high school football kickoff. Several counties are without power, but there’s a dilemma because teams are in region play and region games must be played to determine who makes the playoffs.
With all of the postponements, it’s easier to take a look at the few teams that are playing Friday night
- Coffee @ Valdosta at 8:00 p.m.
- Pelham @ Chattahoochee County at 7:30 p.m.
- Valwood @ Southland at 7:30 p.m.
- Tiftarea @ Heritage at 7:30 p.m.
Here is the running list of schedule changes to football games originally scheduled for October 12th.
- Monroe @ Crisp County postponed to November 2nd
- Brookwood @ Deerfield-Windsor has peen postponed with a date TBD
- Terrell Academy @ Crisp Academy will play at Southland Saturday at 2 p.m.
- Lee County @ Northside, Warner Robins postponed to Saturday at 4 p.m.
- Northside, Columbus @ Americus-Sumter postponed to Saturday at noon
- Hardaway @ Dougherty postponed to Saturday at 11 a.m.
- Westover @ Carver, Columbus postponed to Saturday at 11 a.m.
- Brooks County @ Early County postponed to Saturday at 3 p.m.
- Seminole County @ Mitchell County postponed, date TBD
- Baconton @ Terrell County postponed to Tuesday October 16th at noon
- Clinch County @ Turner County postponed to Saturday at 7:30 p.m.
- Lanier County @ Irwin County postponed to Saturday at noon
- St. Andrews @ Westwood canceled
- Randolph-Clay @ Calhoun County postponed with date TBD
- Fitzgerald @ Thomasville postponed to Saturday at 7 p.m.
- Camden County @ Colquitt County and Tift County @ Lowndes will now be played October 19th.
Region 1-7A is pushing its entire schedule back as all four teams have an open week between now and the end of the season.
There’s no power, no field goal posts and no scoreboard (wiped away by Hurricane Michael) at Centennial Stadium which is shared by Mitchell County, Baconton Charter and Westwood.