ALBANY, GA (WALB) - A number of facilities, including school districts and city and county offices will remain closed after Hurricane Michael.
School districts and colleges announced for closure:
- Albany State University (all locations): Staff return Tuesday. Classes will resume Thursday Oct. 18.
- Baker County K-12 School: Closed until further notice.
- Byne Christian School and Byne Child Development: Resumes Wednesday.
- Colquitt County Schools: Remained closed to Monday, Oct. 15. (Colquitt County Schools will resume Tuesday and Wednesday before taking Fall Break Thursday and Friday)
- Crisp County School System: Closed Tuesday. Schools will operate on a one (1) hour delay in order to keep buses off the road during the dark hours. We will follow this schedule for the remainder of the week. Schools will open one hour later, and buses will pick up one hour later. Dismissal times will remain the same.
- Decatur County Schools: Closed until further notice.
- Dougherty County Schools: Closed until October 22.
- Grace Christian Academy in Bainbrdge: Closed until further notice.
- Miller County Schools: Closed Oct. 15-18 or until further notice.
- Mitchell County Schools/Baconton Community Charter Schools: Students return on Monday, Oct. 22. Faculty and staff report to work on Wednesday, Oct. 17.
- Pataula Charter Academy: Closed until further notice.
- Pelham City Schools: resume classes Thursday, according to Superintendent Floyd Fort.
- Sherwood Christian Academy: Closed Monday and Tuesday.
- Southwest Georgia Academy will reopen Monday October 29.
- Southwest Georgia S.T.E.M Charter School: Closed Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
- Thomasville City Schools: Closed for students through Friday, October, 19.
- Worth County Schools: Closed for students and staff until Monday, October 22.